- Spend all day swimming with humpback whales.
- Learn how to free dive in the warn shallows of Tonga.
- Explore untouched white sand Polynesian beaches and islands.
- Experience a humpback heat run (if lucky).
- Bond with baby humpback whales in the wild.
- Learn how to improve your underwater photography and editing skills with an expert.
Join underwater photographer, documentarian and freediver Karim Iliya on a life changing adventure to swim with whales. Each year hundreds of southern humpback whales migrate to the warm, safe shallows off the coast of Tonga to give birth, raise their young and mate. We join them in the water from our private expedition boat to swim with these incredibly sentient animals.
August 14th, 2018 :: Arrive in Vava'u
Arrivals in Vava'u throughout the day. Tonight we will have a group dinner and a briefing on our activities as well as go over safety procedures and underwater photography.
August 15th - 21st, 2018 :: swimming with the whales in Vava'u
We will set out each morning at 6:20am from our house to the harbour in Neiafu to board our private whale expedition boat with our freediving team in search of humpbacks to swim with. We pack our lunches and explore hidden, untouched beaches during our lunch breaks. Days end around 4pm back in Neiafu, where we return home to wash our gear and enjoy dinner at the house. We swim with the whales every day except for Sundays, when we will arrange a local activity on one of the nearby islands.
August 22nd, 2018 :: Departures from Vava'u
Departures from Vava'u airport throughout the day.
$4,000 USD (single supplement is the same price)
- Airport transfers and local transportation
- 3 meals per day
- Private whale boat (7 people max)
- Professional whale guide
- Expert trip leading team
- Freediving and photography lessons
- All gear including snorkel, mask, wetsuit, weightbelt
- Camera equipment and housings
- Optional excusrions
- Personal spending
- Airfare to and from Vava'u
This trip is currently sold out. Want to join us in 2019, get on our waitlist now!