AFGHANISTAN— SOLD OUT
Afghanistan is at many cross-roads. Stuck between south, central and west Asia, a mixing grounds of cultures and traditions, politically fragile, and the former stomping grounds of hippies in the 1960s and 70s, Afghanistan is now in recovery and entering a period of redefined self discovery. After a few recent scouting trips into the country, we now feel comfortable bringing people to select regions to see what’s going on and build connection with local people. While many parts of the country remain off-limits, we will discover the country’s more open regions during the Nowruz New Year holiday and set the groundwork for continued exploration and engagement.
- Celebrate Nowruz— the Afghan and Persian New Years— in Mazar-i-Sharif.
- Watch a real game of Buzkashi in its homeland of Northern Afghanistan.
- Tour the Blue Mosque in Mazar-i-Sharif at sunrise and sunset.
- Visit the ancient Buddhist sites of Bamyan, Balkh and Samangan.
- Meet and share meals with local Hazara families in the Bamyan region.
- Wander Band-e-Amir lakes in central Afghanistan.
- Explore the bazaars and old town of Herat in the far west.
- See the Friday Mosque and ancient Minarets of Herat.
Max group size: 6 participants
Service level: Mid range
Starting in: Kabul, Afghanistan
Ending in: Kabul, Afghanistan
Trip type: Culture, History and Politics
Please contact us for the itinerary. For the safety of our group, we've decided to not publish this itinerary.
- Safe and secure accommodation.
- Airport transfers.
- 3 meals per day.
- Private and secure transportation.
- Round trip flights between Herat and Kabul.
- North American trip leaders.
- Professional English-speaking local guiding team.
- All site entries.
- Tips for local staff.
- Round trip international airfare to Kabul, Afghanistan.
- Travel and medical insurance.
- Personal spending.
To join this trip, please fill out the application form by clicking on the button below. A deposit is due immediately following a successful application, so we ask that you only apply when ready to commit.
If you're not ready to sign up yet but would like to receive updates on this trip and other related Inertia trips, you can enter your email address below to join our interest list.