ARCTIC HERRING RUN
- Swim with orcas and humpbacks off the coast of Norway.
- Observe the annual herring run, which attracts thousands of cetaceans to the Norwegian coastline for feeding every winter.
- Watch the aurora over the fjords.
- Drive around the Lofoten Islands, visiting small fishing villages and observing life in this unique part of Europe.
- Watch for marine life as we travel by zodiac in dry suits and waterproof jackets.
DAY 1 :: THURSDAY, JANUARY 24, 2019 :: ARRIVE IN ANDENES
The group will meet in Andenes today and we will arrange airport pick ups based on your flight schedule. There are two ways of reaching Andenes-- either by flight from Tromso Airport on Wideroe Airlines, or by renting a car from a larger city. We will check into our house and have a trip briefing this evening.
DAYS 2-9 :: JANUARY 25 - FEBRUARY 1, 2019 :: LOFOTEN ISLANDS
We will spend the next week traveling by zodiac boat around the Norwegian coast in search of orcas and humpbacks feeding on herring. As there is not more than six hours of daylight per day, we must use our six hours on the water effectively. When the weather is bad or seas too rough, we will trade that day for a land excursion to go explore some of the islands and fishing villages.
DAY 10 :: SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 2, 2019 :: DEPART ANDENES
Our check-out time from the house is 11am and we will assist with airport transfers for those departing out of Andenes Airport. No scheduled activities.
REGISTER TO JOIN
Ready to join? Click below to fill out a registration form. Please only complete this form out if you have decided to participate and are ready to commit.
SIGN UP FOR UPDATES
Not sure if you can join the trip yet? Click below and enter your name and email to receive updates on this trip and reserve a spot on the waitlist.
SEE TREK PAGE
To learn more about this trip in detail, check out the trek page. It includes a description of the program, bios on the trek leaders, and the cost breakdown.